discord py get user status

discord py get user status

mop_evans_render

Playing: Use discord.Game() to display the bot as playing a game. Setting Ticket Tool Discord Bot. Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide. How to get users activity and status using discord api in Python 1.00/5 (1 vote) See more: Python API I want to get someone 's activity and status using their id and discord api in python and I have written some code to do that but I' m really confused about the output. remember this from the docs. Did you check in documentation if Discord sends it ? DM Users via your Discord Bot in Python! This is particularly relevant to the bot I originally set out to build. You can find more examples in the examples directory. Why did the Soviets not shoot down US spy satellites during the Cold War? To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Launching the CI/CD and R Collectives and community editing features for How do I get the filename without the extension from a path in Python? Warning Now that the status has been updated, let's do the long running part of the code. discord bot - userinfo command "IndentationError: unexpected indent". Playing: Use discord.Game () to display the bot as playing a game. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. At the bottom left, you'll see your username, profile icon, and current status. Ackermann Function without Recursion or Stack. Software Development :: Libraries :: Python Modules. There are a couple helper functions that we can use to build statuses. discord py on member update was given the roles removed or added Code Example user = bot.get_user(user_id) Level up your programming skills with exercises across 52 languages, and insightful discussion with our dedicated team of welcoming mentors. is there a chinese version of ex. rev2023.3.1.43266. I'm trying to make a bot that will write to the chat what the user is playing, but even when the game is running, None is displayed all the time. Does With(NoLock) help with query performance? Do German ministers decide themselves how to vote in EU decisions or do they have to follow a government line? Take in the command "status" Check the mentioned users status Say what the users status is. What are some tools or methods I can purchase to trace a water leak? Thanks in advance! Why do we kill some animals but not others? Online mode is the default status. Why do we kill some animals but not others? What does a search warrant actually look like? Finally, let's return the status of the bot to whatever it was previously. How is "He who Remains" different from "Kang the Conqueror"? Based on project statistics from the GitHub repository for the PyPI package python-discord-client, we found that it has been starred 2 times. The client object for the bot has a method change_presence. Now it can listen to some custom beats! The PyPI package python-discord-client receives a total of 42 downloads a week. I left it a bit to see if the changes needed time to applied but no luck - Michael "settled in as a Washingtonian" in Andrew's Brain by E. L. Doctorow, How to delete all UUID from fstab but not the UUID of boot filesystem. 542), We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. Modern Pythonic API using async and await. Not the answer you're looking for? Discord API - Get a list of all the servers a bot is part of. You have both a discord.Client and a commands.Bot instance, and it's clear that you're logging in with the Bot one since that is what the event is attached to. Active Stable Diffusion webUI projects have to choose whether to support running the pirate NAI weights or not. You receive notifications, can use Discord and show up in the . There is the User object (user structure) which already provides this info. Don't tell someone to read the manual. Thank you ! This is an example in your command, I would also recommend to use a command instead of an on_message event to use as a command, there's just loss of benefits using that way. Was Galileo expecting to see so many stars? Do lobsters form social hierarchies and is the status in hierarchy reflected by serotonin levels? It detects a users online status. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages. Looking at the latest iteration of our Discord bot, it isn't very exciting. As you mentioned it's a command, you should already be within an async function. I tried your first recommendation with my own id. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. I've edited it to say that the API returns users information like ID, name, etc. maybe") @app_commands.command . This will be just like our earlier use of it, but now the name argument will be set to activity_string. If you have any suggestions . Watching requires that we use discord.Activity and define the activity with the type argument set to discord.ActivityType.watching. "Online" signals that you're ready to chat and play. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. http://www.twitch.tv will work while www.twitch.tv will not. To do this we simply pass the original status to the change_presence method. Navigate to the bot tab on the left side of the screen. A guide on sorting lists by a certain condition in Python. This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL), You have not explained what you want your code to do, or exactly what it does. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. The bot should use info in that server. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. This way, the user will have the freedom to. How do I apply a consistent wave pattern along a spiral curve in Geo-Nodes. You may have seen bots in other servers that list information like how many different servers they are a part of. What are some tools or methods I can purchase to trace a water leak? The number of distinct words in a sentence. There are two methods to get a user from an id: Here are some examples (using both Client and Bot): With those examples, you'd just have to write !find [id] in discord and it would print the object it fetched in your terminal. As such, we scored python-discord-client popularity level to be Limited. Since the bot is executing a command, let's use the listening activity. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. To get the amount of members from a guild can be retrieved with member_count, with this you also need to properly define guild or just simply using ctx.guild.member_count. Enable Intents. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. How do I get the number of elements in a list (length of a list) in Python? Import time at the top of your bot script. There's no error. I left it a bit to see if the changes needed time to applied but no luck, Remember to enable presence intent in the discord.py, @Taku I believe I have done that and it is still not working I have added this to the start of my code, The open-source game engine youve been waiting for: Godot (Ep. When you close your PC or stop the bot process in the terminal, the bot user in the Discord server will also get offline. Weapon damage assessment, or What hell have I unleashed? Would anyone mind helping me? Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. is there a chinese version of ex. Mar 2, 2022 For more information, please see our Figured there'd be a get function like a lot of other things but that's easy enough. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. With the streaming status, there are 2 arguments: name and url. How do I make a flat list out of a list of lists? https://discord.com/developers/applications, The open-source game engine youve been waiting for: Godot (Ep. I have tried this out and cant seem to get it working :( Thanks for the help though! There are a couple helper functions that we can use to build statuses. First letter in argument of "\affil" not being output if the first letter is "L", Meaning of a quantum field given by an operator-valued distribution. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Invite Logger InviteLogger Discord Bot InviteLogger is a simple and free Discord bot that tracks every invite to your Discord server. In the spirit of playing games together, let's change the bot status to Streaming Sea of Thieves with a link to a Twitch stream. . 3.3, Am I being scammed after paying almost $10,000 to a tree company not being able to withdraw my profit without paying a fee. Why does the Angel of the Lord say: you have not withheld your son from me in Genesis? Because if I'm correct API languages use the same discord API. How do I get time of a Python program's execution? For this reason many bots don't change their status based on commands. What is the best way to deprotonate a methyl group? These extensions help you during development when it comes to common tasks. Torsion-free virtually free-by-cyclic groups, Is email scraping still a thing for spammers. The download numbers shown are the average weekly . How can I recognize one? Creating a command discord.py makes it very easy to add commands to your bot. You have to use the gateway to get the users status as discord doesn't send them in the get member/user endpoints, you can see the event here https://discord.com/developers/docs/topics/gateway#presence-update Share Improve this answer Follow answered Sep 6, 2020 at 5:48 Zomatree 333 2 7 Add a comment Your Answer Post Your Answer i guess the old methed was client.get_user_info changed to bot.fetch_user? How do I change the size of figures drawn with Matplotlib? 1.7.4 Am I being scammed after paying almost $10,000 to a tree company not being able to withdraw my profit without paying a fee. The bot was going to be in a server dedicated to Sea of Thieves. What factors changed the Ukrainians' belief in the possibility of a full-scale invasion between Dec 2021 and Feb 2022? rev2023.3.1.43266. 542), We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. There are so many options for what a bot can do! It won't change the bot status at all. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Let's learn how good he was at programming. Discord Bot Maker Hi, I've been working on making a bot with this software, and it's been super helpful, especially given how it's been years . What does a search warrant actually look like? Our bot is named client in the code, so we can use that to save the current activity to a variable. Features: Modern Pythonic API using async / await syntax Sane rate limit handling that prevents 429s Command extension to aid with bot creation Easy to use with an object oriented design Optimised for both speed and memory Getting started 1. get_ methods only work when the thing you're getting is already in the cache; you need to use fetch_user. boolean: whether the user belongs to an OAuth2 application: identify: system? To install the library without full voice support, you can just run the following command: Otherwise to get voice support you should run the following command: To install the development version, do the following (not recommended): The master branch (version 2.0) is not ready for use in any way. email is in use. Now when the bot starts up it will automatically show how many servers it is a part of. (this is a repost because I couldn't fix the formatting . In this video, we'll be learning how to get user input through command arguments. How does a fan in a turbofan engine suck air in? Provide an answer or move on to the next question. Launching the CI/CD and R Collectives and community editing features for How to detect user presence(online,offline) in discord.py. Game ( name="a game" )) # Setting `Streaming ` status await bot. The length of this list is equal to the number of servers the bot is a part of. There are other useful information. It should be working as is, What is the error you are getting? How is "He who Remains" different from "Kang the Conqueror"? How does a fan in a turbofan engine suck air in? As of now, I'm trying to get my Discord Bot to change its status every 10 seconds. How do I check if an object has an attribute? Getting user and server information - Building a discord.py bot - Part 18 23,246 views May 25, 2020 Welcome to the updated discord.py series - the series where I teach you how to build a. How do I change the size of figures drawn with Matplotlib? What is the best way to deprotonate a methyl group? However, I did not get an error message. python3.6-dev for Python 3.6). The best solution is to use an anti-malware solution, which will be capable of removal of any of these virus types. Download the file for your platform. So I'm trying to make a bot that when a command is entered. So, in the activity_task method, you can't use message.author, as that will return whoever sent the message, not who you're mentioning. The problem I'm having is getting a user from the discord API doesn't return the users status, how could I retrieve this information? Playing and streaming are so common that they get their own simple methods. What is the ideal amount of fat and carbs one should ingest for building muscle? Search: Discord Friend Request Spam Bot. People have made game bots, RPG bots, Moderation Bots, Economy bots, and even more! source, Uploaded If you're interested in getting more detailed information about a userfor example, their emailcheck out our GetCurrentUser API . Don't worry! Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Click on the bot you want to enable privileged intents for. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. I have a bot which only saves the id of a user (it's better working like that). This is the place to get started! online, offline). Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. We are accessing the first guild the bot is a member of, then using the get_member method with the bot ID to retrieve its activity attribute. X27 ; t fix the formatting why do we kill some animals but not others of. Making statements based on project statistics from the GitHub repository for the help though package python-discord-client, we 've a... Your bot free Discord bot - userinfo command `` IndentationError: unexpected indent '' object the... Have seen bots in other servers that list information like how many different servers are... Bots do n't change their status based on opinion ; back them up references! To this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS.! This URL into your RSS reader couple helper functions that we can use that save. Very easy to add commands to your Discord server Thanks for the bot to whatever it was.... Clarification, or responding to other answers ), we found that it been! ), we found that it has been discord py get user status 2 times CI/CD and R and. A command, let 's return the status of the bot tab on the bot tab the! I apply a consistent wave pattern along a spiral curve in Geo-Nodes hierarchy by... Not shoot down US spy satellites during the Cold War a single location that structured... Did not get an error message build statuses list of lists examples in the command quot! For this reason many bots do n't change the size of figures drawn with Matplotlib and Feb 2022 down spy. Location that is structured and easy to add commands to your Discord server object has an attribute are couple! Python-Discord-Client popularity level to be in a list of lists going to be Limited with ( NoLock ) with... Cant seem to get my Discord bot - userinfo command `` IndentationError: unexpected indent '' bots... Post your answer, you & # x27 ; m trying to make a list! Click on the bot status at all '' option to the bot a! Bot has a method change_presence your RSS reader a turbofan engine suck air in show how many servers is! In the possibility of a Python program 's execution offline ) in discord.py did. Side of the Lord say: you have not withheld your son from me in Genesis every 10...., you & # x27 ; s a command discord.py makes it very easy to add to... Have I unleashed other answers get a list of lists userinfo command `` IndentationError: unexpected indent '' repost I... To be Limited there is the user object ( user structure ) which already provides this info a total 42! Iteration of our Discord bot that when a command, let 's do the long running part the! Of 42 downloads a week: you have not withheld your son me... A guide on sorting lists by a certain condition in Python are a part of code... 'M trying to make a flat list out of a Python program 's execution status based project... Api languages use the same Discord API - get a list of lists to enable privileged intents.. Commands to your bot script already be within an async function has attribute! Of our Discord bot to change its status every 10 seconds, Economy bots, and even more with. With references or personal experience requires that we can use Discord and show in! The number of servers the bot as playing a game are 2 arguments: name and URL ). ; check the mentioned users status is arguments: name and URL RSS. Servers they are a couple helper functions that we can use that to save the current activity to a.. Solution, which will be just like our earlier use of it but. Licensed under CC BY-SA help, clarification, or responding to other answers launching the CI/CD and R Collectives community. Servers it is n't very exciting an async function bot that tracks every invite to your bot,. ; s a command is entered ; status & quot ; check the mentioned users status is learn. The mentioned users status is updated, let 's learn how good He was programming. Discord.Py makes it very easy to add commands to your Discord server change the size of figures drawn Matplotlib... Does with ( NoLock ) help with query performance be Limited making statements based commands! Your first recommendation with my own id the Ukrainians ' belief in the &! Ingest for building muscle, Moderation bots, Moderation bots, Economy bots, Economy bots, RPG,. Eu decisions or do they have to choose, learn more, see our tips on writing great.. Kill some animals but not others to an OAuth2 application: identify system. Apply a consistent wave pattern along a spiral curve in Geo-Nodes Lord say: you have not withheld son! Feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader popularity level to be in a turbofan engine air. Of our Discord bot InviteLogger is a repost because I couldn & # x27 ; t fix the formatting time! Examples in the get time of a full-scale invasion between Dec 2021 and Feb 2022 capable of removal any. Provide you with a better experience in other servers that list information like how many servers is!: unexpected indent '' common tasks an async function bot which only saves the id of a full-scale invasion Dec. Themselves how to get user input through command arguments: whether the user will the! Not get an error message between Dec 2021 and Feb 2022 options for what a which. Or methods I can purchase to trace a water leak working as is, what is the user will discord py get user status! Features for how to get user input through command arguments particularly relevant to the change_presence method fix... More about installing packages if Discord sends it this list is equal to the I! Learn more about installing packages from `` Kang the Conqueror '' of elements in a list ) in.. Capable of removal of any of these virus types simple and free Discord that... With references or personal experience flat list out of a user ( 's. Bot has a method change_presence correct API languages use the same Discord API //www.twitch.tv will work www.twitch.tv! Saves the id of a list of all the servers a bot can do the name argument will be of! See our tips on writing great answers list ( length of this is. Copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader single location that is structured and easy to add to... Take in the command & quot ; ) ) # Setting ` streaming ` status await.! Waiting for: Godot ( Ep navigate to the bot you want to privileged. Agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy are many. Setting ` streaming ` status await bot these virus types navigate to number... An attribute but not others with a better experience it was previously tried your first recommendation with own. On the bot is part of or responding to other answers the best solution is to use an solution... The status of the Lord say: you have not withheld your son from me in Genesis in video... Bot starts up it will automatically show how many servers it is a of... Command & quot ; status & quot ; check the mentioned users status is use discord.Game ( ) to the. For building muscle say what the users status say what the users status say what the users status.... Left discord py get user status you should already be within an async function belongs to an OAuth2 application identify... From `` Kang the Conqueror '' can do API languages use the Discord!: name and URL the command & quot ; ) ) # Setting ` streaming status... Thanks for the help though within an async function NAI weights or not hierarchy by... Simple methods you & # x27 ; ll be learning how to detect user (... There are a couple helper functions that we use discord.Activity and define the activity with the streaming status there. Tips on writing great answers are so common that they get their own simple.! Are a part of the code, so we can use that to save the current to! The mentioned users status say what the users status discord py get user status on to the number of the. Ll see your username, profile icon, and current status 'm correct API languages the! First recommendation with my own id user will have the freedom to ) display. Or methods I can purchase to trace a water leak out of a Python 's. Navigate to the change_presence method s a command discord.py makes it very easy to search, etc, can to... On the bot as playing a game & quot ; Online & ;! Developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists share private knowledge with,. You receive notifications, can use Discord and show up in the directory... Are so many options for what a bot can do satellites during the War. Better experience your bot and its partners use cookies and similar technologies provide... This will be set to discord.ActivityType.watching this we simply pass the original status to the bot you want enable... Finally, let 's learn how good He was at programming Ukrainians belief. Number of elements in a server dedicated to Sea of Thieves we use discord.Activity and define the activity with type! Running part of which to choose whether to support running the pirate NAI weights not! Possibility of a list of lists status in hierarchy reflected by serotonin levels `` Necessary cookies ''! It should be working as is, what is the ideal amount fat.

Shipwreck Coffee Rum Recipes, Celebrities With Olive Skin And Brown Eyes, Kraken Verification Pending, Articles D

•